Social selling is new buzz phrase as it relates to merging ‘social’ and ‘selling’ together and proving that ever elusive social media ROI. In this article, I want to share my personal and very real example of social selling in action. The best part…it’s totally doable for ANYONE and I mean anyone to do exactly the same thing!
Did you know that authors, experts, and influencers sold $10 million dollars worth of eBooks in 1995 almost exclusively through Amazon. WOWSERS, right?
In 2014, they sold about $1.6 billion dollars worth of eBooks on Amazon alone.
As sales volume grew, authors began looking for new ways to sell their content without relying on the iron fist of Amazon as evidenced by the Hatchett debacle last year.
It turns out, I have recently discovered a way to juice up my Amazon sales using a new social selling tool, made by my friends over at Heyo, called Heyo Cart (http://heyocart.com)
Heyo Cart allows authors, experts, and influencers to sell to their Facebook fans by asking their fans to simply comment “buy” to purchase.
Keep reading to view a real example of Social Selling by me using Heyo Cart to make $1258.75 with very little work.
My Facebook marketing funnel consists of two main points:
1. A low cost product to turn fans into buyers (an eBook or a mini-courses) for $5-9
2. Upselling the buyers into a longer term product like our Social Selling Inner Circle $47/mo
I am using Heyo Cart to post an eBook once every 15 days or so. To date, I have converted 92 casual fans into high quality buyers who have generated $1258.75 to my bottom line revenue.
The reason Heyo Cart works so well is that buyers do not have to click an external link to complete a purchase after they purchase once. They stay right on Facebook! Click here to see my last post I made with Heyo Cart. I was selling a .PDF copy of my eBook for $5.97.
Here’s how it works (you can do this too, for free!)
1. Go to http://heyocart.com and click “Try for Free”
2. Select the fan page you want to sell on then type your status update, upload a strong image of the eBook, put in a product title, set the price, then click the orange next button.
3. Next, upload the product (Heyo Cart takes care of product delivery for you) and type in how you want Heyo Cart to pay you (either a debit card or your bank account) when you get sales. Click next.
4. View a live preview of your post and when you’ve got it set how you want, click publish to publish now or schedule it for later.
5. Once your post is live, fans can comment Buy to purchase and Heyo Cart will automatically respond to them telling them to finish their purchase:
6. The best part about Heyo Cart is that once fans buy once from you, they never have to put their information in again (they don’t have to click any links!). They simply type “Buy”, and Boom! You have got a new sale:
3 Social Selling Tips to sell more using Heyo Cart
1. Price your product between $5-20 dollars (any more expensive and it becomes too big a decision for Facebook buyers)
2. Put the “Comment Buy” call to action on the image like I did here
3. Tell your fans to “Comment buy to purchase for $5.99” within the first 3 sentences of your post. During the rest of the post, tell them more about the product.
It’s working for other authors, influencers, and experts too:
Here are some social selling statistics in a recent A/B test conducted by author and info-marketer Sue Zimmerman, Amazon and heyocart.com were both put to the test. Sue posted her latest eBook for sale on Amazon and also to her Facebook page using Heyo Cart to see which would drive more sales.
On Amazon Sue sold 15 copies, earning her $106.76 over the first 10 days.
Using Heyo Cart, Sue posted on Facebook and sold 95 copies, earning her $591.05 in the first 10 days.
Sue was also able to capture the first name, last name, and email of her new buyers through the Heyo Cart reporting dashboard.
“An additional benefit we gained from using Heyocart.com was that it gave us the ability to collect the email addresses and names of our buyers. This made it easy to put them into our CRM like HubSpot, InfusionSoft or OntraPort for future upselling and content marketing. Amazon doesn’t do that,” said Zimmerman.
The future is Social Selling for Small Business Owners
“There is an enormous opportunity for authors, experts, and influencers to sell digital products to their consumers inside of Facebook,” said Nathan Latka, CEO of Heyo Cart. “This is where consumers spend their time and it’s where they’ll buy.”
According to internal data from heyocart.com gathered in Q1 of 2015, the best price point for authors and informarketers to sell ebooks and other digital content on Facebook is $9.00. This was based on a sample size of product prices shown to 1m people who are fans of authors, influencers, and experts.
As experts look for ways to spread their content, make more money, and gain in popularity, Latka anticipates this trend toward social commerce to grow exponentially.
“Total transaction volume done on social media networks on both mobile and desktop will surpass $40 billion by 2025,” said Latka.
So, there you have it! A real example of social selling using this extraordinary new tool! If you have questions for Nathan, leave them in the comments!