Wordrpress powers more than 16% of the Internet's websites. Needless to say, the WordPress community is ecstatic over Facebook's release of an official WordPress plugin. This plugin is going to help integrate Facebook with blog sites, assist with site promotion and encourage social interaction right from your individual sites. The neat thing about this new plugin is that it does not require any custom coding or techie expertise to install it.
Facebook engineer Matt Kelly wrote the following on the Facebook blog:
“Starting today, WordPress publishers can easily integrate Facebook features, such as social publishing and mentions, through the new Facebook for WordPress plugin. The plugin was built by Facebook engineers in collaboration with open source partners and makes it simple for anyone to make their WordPress site more social – no coding required. The plugin will also work on mobile and support internationalization.”
Both the "Page" and "Post" elements of this plugin will allow site owners to easily integrate the author's timeline, mention specific Facebook friends or Fan Pages, publish individual posts to a specific Facebook Fan Page, enable Facebook comments with SEO features as well as a few other amazing features.
Several really cool features of this new plugin is…
Activity Feed Box – The Activity Feed plugin displays personalized stories for the visitor. It also shows the user how their friends are interacting with your content.
Recommendations – Visitors are provided with content recommendations based on the actions of their friends.
Custom Buttons – The site owner can customize the Like, Send, and Subscribe buttons.
I have a quick video to showcase how you set it up and some of these features below:
The link that is mentioned in the video can be found by clicking here.
You can also get more info by going to the WordPress Developer site.
- My Secret Google+ Plugin Weapon
- Why Oh Why Should You Use WordPress?
- Why Facebook Will Be Hard to Topple
- How to Use AWeber’s New APP To Insert Your FREE Offer Into Your Facebook Fan Page
- Announcing BRAND YOUR BUSINESS WORDPRESS CLASS
- 7 Steps to Prepare Your Facebook Page for Graph Search
- Facebook Fan Page Changes
- How Does Thesis versus Headway Compare?
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Have a Facebook Fan Page
- Facebook’s NEWsfeed – How to Optimize the New Look for Your Business