Everyone talks about getting more Twitter followers but how do you get more TARGETED Twitter followers is the million dollar question.
There are a number of great twitter apps and directories that will help you find followers within your niche.
Some of these apps will help you better understand why followers follow you and why some leave.
Still other apps will help measure your influence on twitter, and help you manage whom you choose to follow.
Have fun checking out the apps below. Use the ones you feel most comfortable. Remember, your twitter experience is a journey.
1. http://www.tweriod.com - This website can put together data for you that tells you when your followers are actually online. The accuracy may be debatable, but the analysis is free and worth exploring. The more you can interact with your followers when they're online, the better.
Remember, engagement is key. The better connected your followers feel to you and your mission, the more they are likely to share and bring in their friends into your circle.
2. http://www.friendorfollow.com - This website tells you how many people are not following you back, how many fans you have (people following you whom your not following), and how many 'friends' you have aka. You're following them and they're following you!
What I like about this site is that it gives you thumbnail icons of each person in each category. If you hover over the icon, you can read their profile AND choose to follow or un-follow! You can accomplish all of this on the spot. There's no back and forth!
3. http://refollow.com - A similar site to friendorfollow.com. This site offers more filters and allows you to follow / unfollow in bulk. At the same time, all of the filters can get a bit overwhelming.
Also, you want to be careful when deciding to un-follow people on twitter. Just because someone doesn't follow you is NOT a reason to un-follow them. Over time you will follow other industry experts or inspirational leaders that won't follow you back. It's still important to stay connected with them. So, be cautious with bulk un-follows!
4. http://twitaholic.com/ - Tracks the most popular accounts on twitter.
Here is where you will find the accounts of many celebrities. However you will also find inspirational and industry leaders to follow as well. The site automatically shows the top 100 twitter accounts. Yet, if you scroll down to the bottom you can pull up the top 1000 accounts.
The only thing that I don't like about this site is the limited information it provides. It gives you the account name, associated website and following/followers stats. But, it does NOT provide any profile information. So, unless you recognize the person's name, you can't easily learn more.
5. http://twtrfrnd.com - This website will show you the friends and fans you have in common with another person on twitter. This can be helpful when you want to make lists with people for whom you share common interests.
All are twitter directories!
First, take a moment to add your twitter user name to the directory and be sure to categorize yourself appropriately. Of course, adding yourself to a directory means that there are more ways potential followers can find you!
Next, check out the people in your niche, and in categories of interest to you. This is a great way to connect. You can also find people by location, which, depending on your business can be a great way to find important local connections.
These apps and directories are a great way to be reflective and proactive with your twitter account. You can learn a lot about the types of people who are following you and where to go to make new connections. Knowing who follows you allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of your tweets and profile.
Are you attracting the right followers?
What apps do you like best?
What have you learned about yourself, your business and your postings based on these apps?
Who are you now connected with thanks to the available twitter directories?
- Do you want to know if your Twitter followers are real or fake?
- How To Get 10,000 Twitter Followers in Under 90 Days
- How To Get More Leads on Twitter
- Don’t Tweet From The Hip Create a Twitter Business Plan!
- 5 Magic Twitter Strategies To Increase Website Traffic
- Twitter Advertising: How it Works and Why You Should Use It
- 10 Simple Ways to Turn Your Followers Into Customers
- We Have a Pope – and a Twitter Account Too!
- Twitter…Out With The Old Look and In With The New
- Still Don’t Get Twitter?