Are you looking for new and creative ways to increase your Twitter followers, improve your click-through rates and drive traffic to your site? Who isn’t?!
Following are 5 strategies you may not have thought of. All are aimed at helping you try new ways of reaching current and potential customers or clients!
1. Create a unique landing page just for Twitter.
Does the link in your Twitter bio direct visitors to your homepage? If not, you could be missing out on a slew of opportunities to engage with your followers!
A Twitter landing page is a page designed specifically for your Twitter followers. It acts as a point of entry for anyone who is looking to find out more about you and what you have to offer. You are limited to 160 characters on your Twitter bio which really is not a lot of space to convey what your business is all about.
Your Twitter landing page could include:
- A warm greeting: acknowledge that your visitors are arriving from Twitter
- Your elevator pitch: a short summary of what you and your business are all about
- An exclusive offer for your Twitter followers
- A list of your top blog posts
- A photo of yourself or your products
Remember, this is NOT the time or place to push your products! However it IS a great time to give new visitors an opportunity to join your email list or download a free product.
2. Search for and participate in relevant conversations.
Using hashtags is one of the best ways to reach outside your current sphere of followers.
People who otherwise may never have found out about you can potentially find you by searching for relevant hashtags. They are also a great way for YOU to find new, prospective clients!
Using a tool like Hashtagify.me, Tagboard or Social Mention, search for hashtags related to your business. Some keywords you can search for include:
- Your business name
- Your full name
- The names of your products
- Your competitors’ names
- Questions you can reply to
- “Recommendations” or “can anyone recommend” followed by a keyword that describes your business (for instance, “Can anyone recommend” and “web designer”)
Here are some more resources to help you with finding and using hashtags:
How to Use Hashtags to Find Prospective Clients
How to Find Top Hashtags Using Hashtagify
How to Use Hashtags to Grow Your Business.
3. Connect with Existing Customers on Twitter.
Are your existing customers on Twitter? Do you even know? Use the following strategies to find current customers and social media followers you can connect with on Twitter:
- Look up contacts from your email address book: Twitter has made it easy to import your existing email contacts then follow them or invite them to join. For step-by-step instructions, click here.
- Ask your email subscribers and other social media followers to find you on Twitter (or better yet, as them for their Twitter handle so you can find them!)
- Follow your customers back: Take a look through your followers to make sure you are following your existing customers back!
- Put Twitter buttons on your site so your website visitors can easily find you.
4. Use Twitter cards to increase click through rates.
Twitter cards are a great way to turn a boring, text-only tweet into something incredible!
Twitter cards allow you to add rich media to your tweets so they stand out from the pack.
Currently Twitter offers a number of cards you can use, including:
- Summary cards: Include a title, description and image
- Photo cards
- Gallery cards: Lets you show a collection of images
- App cards: Allow you to tweet a mobile app with direct download link
- Player cards: Lets you add audio or video
- Product cards: Great for showing product information
And coming soon: The audio card! Stay tuned for more on this.
For guidance in using these for your business see my post How to Set up Twitter Cards and Why You Should.
5. Embed your tweets onto your blog for increased engagement.
Did you know Twitter allows you to easily embed any tweet into a blog post? It is incredibly simple to do: Just click on the ‘More’ icon next to any tweet, and select ‘Embed Tweet’. A pop up box will appear, and you just need to copy the code provided and paste it into a blog post. That’s it!
Embedded tweets let you display photos, videos or any other content you share on Twitter.com. They are also fully functional, meaning your website visitors can click reply, retweet or favorite right from your blog. This is a great way to encourage your blog visitors to follow and interact with you on Twitter without ever having to leave your site.
What new or creative strategies have you used to increase your followers and improve your engagement? Share with us below!
Its so informative and impressive posting, i like to read your suggestion.