Are you looking for the BEST app to help you live stream on social media?
Tired of using Facebook Live’s native tool, or just want something that will give you more options and more flexibility?
In this post, I’m going to share my 10 favorite live-streaming apps to help you go live…quickly, easily and in many cases, very inexpensively!
10 Best Live Streaming Apps
If you’re looking for an extremely user-friendly app that lets you stream to Facebook, YouTube, or LinkedIn…all from right within your web browser, look no further than StreamYard!
This is the tool we use for my “every day” Facebook Lives, and I look at how easy it makes the whole process. Some of my favorite features include:
- No downloads required – everything happens in your browser
- BIGGEE…Go LIVE on multiple platforms at the same time! Multistream up to 5 destinations simultaneously.
- Easily show viewer comments on-screen
- Customize lives with your own logo, colors, and even prerecorded videos
- Ability to add a customized call to action (CTA) with a single click
Price: Limited-feature version is available for free. Paid plans range from $20/month to $39/month depending on multistream destinations and recording time.
This powerhouse of a live streaming app is the one we use for my Facebook Live show, Marketing That GROWS Your Business.
Though it’s not the cheapest app on this list, it’s one that will pretty much meet all your live streaming needs…even if you need really advanced, professional-level features.
Some of my favorite features include:
- 13 awesome transition effects including Vertical Wipe and Zoom
- 100+ built-in animations you can include in your lives
- HD virtual sets to jazz up your background
- Add up to 8 remote guests (the number you can add depends on which plan you buy)
- Built-in audio mixer
- Ability to adjust video effects while live streaming (sharpen, zoom, crop, etc.)
Price: The basic version with limited features is free! Other plans range from $60 to $1200 depending on the number of callers you want to have on, the number of overlay channels, etc.
This is a favorite among live streamers due to its reasonable price and features.
It boasts zero setups, meaning you can simply sign up and start streaming, literally within minutes! Some of the other great features include:
- Ability to add your own logo, colors, and overlays (and change them in real-time if you want)
- Show viewer comments on the screen
- Show up to 4 guests on-screen at one time
- A great basic version to get you started…for free!
Price: Basic version (free) lets you do up to 3 shows per month with up to 2 people on-screen. Other plans range from $24.99/month to $37.50/month.
4. Ecamm Live
This is a live streaming tool that lets you stream to Facebook, YouTube, Periscope, Twitch, and more. It touts itself as “the all-in-one live streaming production platform for Mac”.
Ecamm is a robust, full-featured live streaming tool, but one that even beginners will quickly adapt to. Some of the features include:
- The ability to easily add intros and outros
- Add live picture-in-picture
- Add overlays like text, graphics or viewer comments
- Have up to 5 guests via Skype
Price: Free 14-day trial available. Paid plans range from just $12/month to $20/month.
Switcher Studio is a live streaming app specifically designed for use with iPhones and iPads (though you can screen share from your Mac or PC). They advertise the app as “a live video production studio in your pocket”.
- Ability to stream from up to 9 different camera angles
- Add graphics, your logo or pre-recorded videos to your live
- You can add text and animations in real-time
- Also, add guests simply by sending a link…no downloads required
Price: Plans start at $39/month and go up to $350/month depending on how many guests you want, the number of assets you can use, and whether you want to cross-post your lives.
6. Wirecast (by Telestream)
Looking for a full-featured, professional-level live streaming studio that’s still easy to use? Wirecast users say its intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it a pleasure to stream with.
Some of the features include:
- Stream to multiple destinations at one time
- Access to over 500K media assets (backgrounds, music, videos, etc.)
- Ability to display Facebook comments live
- Professional audio mixing
- Add up to 7 remote guests
Price: Plans range from a one-time fee of $599 up to $799 depending on the number of guests and whether you need advanced product features.
If you need a reliable live streaming app that won’t break the bank, XSplit Broadcaster may be the right option for you.
- Preview Editor that lets you edit scenes before pushing them live
- Built-in transitions
- Ability to drag and drop media files into your lives
- Comes with the Facebook chat widget
- Ability to add live illustrations and annotations
Price: Free version available, however, the content will be watermarked. Paid licenses start at just $5/month for a 12-month license, or buy a lifetime license for $199.
You may already use Zoom for virtual meetings and webinars, but did you know you can also use it to live stream to Facebook and YouTube?
- Ability to show multiple speakers on-screen at one time
- Share screen content with your audience
- Viewers can like, share or comment on your lives
- Include interactive polls and quizzes
BlueJeans offers a number of different solutions for online meetings and events, including live streaming.
Host up to 100 interactive participants on a professional-looking Facebook Live, with one presenter in one location…or multiple presenters in multiple locations. This is a high-end option perfect for anyone wanting to Livestream a conference or other important event.
- Chat and polling functionality
- Share your screen or other content while live streaming
- Easy-to-use moderator controls
- Include multiple live camera feeds
Price: You can try BlueJeans Events free for 30 days. The price for hosting a BlueJeans event is $499 (each event) for up to 1,000 attendees.
Crowdcast touts themselves as the “simplest way to connect live”…and I have to agree that they make it super-simple to get your live stream up and running, fast!
There’s no need to download any software: all you need to do is go into your account, hit the “Start Broadcast” button, and you’re ready to go.
- Interactive polls, chats, and Q&As
- Advanced analytics
- Ability to stream to multiple platforms at once
- Easily add a call to action or even collect emails from participants
Price: Ranges from $20/month for 50 attendees up to $139/month for 1000 attendees.
I trust this post has helped clarify what’s out there, and which live streaming app may be right for you! Looking for more live streaming tips? Check out these helpful posts: